The Committee on Social Development addresses the following issues:
- Review the regional implementation of the internationally agreed goals and commitments on social development;
- Assess population and development trends, including international migration and its impact on development;
- Address issues of inequality and promote the social inclusion of youth, persons with disabilities, older persons and other vulnerable social groups;
- Promote gender equality and women’s empowerment; and
- Strengthen social protection and health systems.