While countries around the world have been struggling to contain coronavirus, how can they continue to promote blue recovery (sustainable ocean-based economy/blue economy) in the overall efforts to recover and revitalize economies? ESCAP Executive Secretary Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana will join distinguished speakers and share Asia-Pacific perspectives at a high-level policy dialogue hosted by the Ocean Policy Research Institute of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation, Nippon Foundation and the Economist Group, in commemoration of Japan’s National Day of Ocean.
What: Webinar on “Ensuring a robust ‘blue’ recovery in Asia and the Pacific”
When: Thursday, 23 July 2020, 5pm JST / 9am BST / 10am CET
- H.E. Tommy E. Remengesau, Jr. President, Republic of Palau
- Mr. Yohei Sasakawa, Chairman, Nippon Foundation
- Dr. Atsushi Sunami, President, Sasakawa Peace Foundation/President, Ocean Policy Research Institute of SPF
- H.E. Mr. Edhy Prabowo, Minister for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Indonesia
- Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Mr. Tatsuhiko Kashimura, Managing Director, Refinverse,Inc.
- Mr. Charles Goddard Economist Asia Pacific Editor
For more information and to register: