ESCAP has established the Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction as a regional platform to assess existing challenges, formulate regional perspectives, and facilitate discussions on colletive efforts and actions that build resilience for inclusive and sustainable economic and social development. The Committee has also provided guidance in support of ESCAP's members and associate members implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action in the region.
Following the meeting delegates who attended filled out questionnaires regarding the session. A summary of the results is available for download.
- Annotated provisional agenda - Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction, Third Session
- Disaster risk reduction related to the development agenda beyond 2015, including issues pertinent to least developed countries and countries with special needs
- Promoting regional cooperation on the applications of space technology and geographic information systems for disaster risk reduction
- Building resilience to disasters: mainstreaming disaster risk reduction into development strategies
- Disaster database for development planning
- Integrating disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation for sustainable development
- Climate information and services: the role of the Typhoon Committee and the Panel on Tropical Cyclones
- Strengthening early warning for coastal hazards through the ESCAP Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Tsunami, Disaster and Climate Preparedness for Indian Ocean and Southeast Asian Countries
- Report of the Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction on its third session