ESCAP Web-Toolkit for Integrated Planning of Infrastructure Corridors
The Training Workshop Series on "ESCAP Web-Toolkit for Integrated Planning of Infrastructure Corridors " is delivered on 17 May, 13.00 (GMT+7, Bangkok) for Kazakhstan, on 19 May, 13.00 (GMT+7, Bangkok) for Mongolia, and on21 May, 13.00 (GMT+7, Bangkok) for Kyrgyzstan policy makers and invited participants.
The On-line Training Workshop Series is organized to support active use of these products and tools by member States. The two web-based toolkits focus on integrated development of co-infrastructures, comprising ICT, energy, and transport, namely:
• Simulator of the Integrated Infrastructure Corridors, and the Study. This Simulation tool is aimed to determine the most appropriate model for development of new Integrated Infrastructure Corridors. The knowledge product includes in-depth research and methodology on identifying and developing promising infrastructure corridors in the view of co-deployment of the ICT-Energy- Transport infrastructures and multi-stakeholder partnerships. The identified and analyzed three infrastructure corridors are connecting Almaty (Kazakhstan) with Cholpon-Ata (Kyrgyzstan), Semey (Kazakhstan) with Rubtsovsk (Russia), and Urzhar (Kazakhstan) with Chuguchak (China). It also includes the software implementation of the model that allows automated calculation of basic indicators, such as required capital and operating costs for the new construction or reconstruction and maintenance of infrastructure facilities based on input data (See here: https://broadband.shinyapps.io/SmartCorridorsSimulator/ )
• Partnership Portal on Co-deployment is aimed to support ICT infrastructure co-deployment with road transport and energy infrastructure, available at https://co-deployment.online . The web- portal, as the information platform, provides developers and owners of ICT, road and energy infrastructure and other stakeholders with a good opportunity (1) to register new infrastructure facilities and find the other compatible infrastructure development projects (planned or those at early development stage) that can be connected to various types of ICT and other infrastructure co-deployment; (2) make an assessment of technical compatibility and cost-effectiveness of co- deployment of infrastructure facilities; (3) promote partnerships and cooperation on co- deployment of ICT and other infrastructure; (4) Web-based tool in the portal will also host the knowledge base on co-deployment of infrastructure. The work is sponsored by the United Nations Development Account (DA) Project on “Addressing the Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through Regional Cooperation and Integration (RECI) in Asia and the Pacific Countries”, targeting policymakers of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia as main target beneficiaries.
The workshop at national level will assemble government officials and experts from three project target countries, respectfully: Kazakhstan, Mongolia & Kyrgyzstan. Representatives of ministries, government agencies, public and private authorities, operators and nominated structures, engaged in the below areas:
• ICT and telecommunication infrastructure connectivity
• Road & Railway transport connectivity
• Electric power, oil/gas pipeline connectivity
Dr. Vadim Kaptur – ESCAP consultant and the Vice-rector on Science, A.S. Popov Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications, Ukraine. Vadim is an International expert with competence in field related to broadband networks, cybersecurity, mobile services, and ICT in general, Vice-Chairman of ITU-D Study Group 1, co-Rapporteur on ITU-D Question 1/1 "Strategies and policies for the deployment of broadband in developing countries". He has a Ph.D. in telecommunications, author of more than 280 scientific publications and developer of more than 60 software products.
HOW TO ATTEND The webinar is organized by invitation and nomination and could assemble up to 50 participants at a time. To join the webinar session on MS Teams, kindly register on the link here ( first come first served principle).
After the registration the link to the platform will be send to your email. We also recommend you to check your time zone here.
CONTACT : email@example.com